- Jun 10 2023
TimeWill include a half hour break
- 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- In Person
What Brain Research tells us about Learning and Behaviour
This workshop will:
· Examine the main findings on brain development, age related differences, and acculturation of different genders.
· Examine strategies to use when working with youth based on brain research.
· While not all children are the same, research indicates there are some generalities that are worth considering. Questions we will consider include:
· How can we use what we know about learning styles to best relate to children?
· 70% of learning and behavioural disability designations are diagnosed in boys – what does this tell us?
· What is the best way to deal with a child who is upset?
Bruce has been an educator for over 45 years including 34 years in the public school system as teacher, principal and Assistant Superintendent, in Abbotsford and 11 years preparing future teachers in the School of Education at Trinity Western University. He has presented CCRR workshops in Langley, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, and Burnaby. Bruce has a wealth of experience presenting to large and small organizations. on a variety of topics as well as presenting over 85 workshops throughout North America on positive youth development.
email email@example.com to register