- May 08 2023
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Really Seeing Children with Deb Curtis – Child Care Provider Appreciation Online Workshop
In recognition of May as Child Care Month, Child Care Options CCRR would like to thank you for all that you do for children, families and our community. Please join us for this free workshop Really Seeing Children with Deb Curtis.
The daily reality of working with a group of young children presents many demands for adults in early childhood programs. There are the ongoing chores of caretaking and cleaning up, planning and providing an engaging curriculum, communicating with families and coworkers, and the ever-growing pressures for outcomes, assessment, and documentation to prove that children are learning when they are with us. These pressures compete for our attention, making it difficult to keep the joy of working with children at the centre of our work. Most of us went to work with young children because we love their view of the world and wanted to share it with them. Yet, with all of these preoccupations and problems, how can we possibly stay truly present at the moment and really see children? Learning to see children takes time and practice, but the effort is worthwhile as it helps us share in their insatiable curiousity, eagerness for relationships, natural competencies and pure delight. Join Deb for stories and approaches that can help you enhance the joy and meaning of your work.
We will consider:
• Noticing and suspending our adult agendas to meet up with children’s lively minds rather than their behaviour.
• Seeing and studying the details of children’s innate approaches to learning and their natural dispositions and skills for cultivating relationships.
• Understanding schema theory and active play for children’s brain development and learning.
• Using a thinking lens to see all the possibilities in the role we can play to enhance the children’s and our own daily lives.
Presenters: Deb Curtis
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.