- Feb 01 2024
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Not Everyone Knows Their Employee Rights
At the completion of the module, ECE educators will be able to ascertain the following:
– Identify when and how different employment laws apply
– Gain a fundamental understanding of what minimum standards employees are entitled to in the workplace
– Knowledge of employment contracts and what to look out for when signing one
– Understand their fundamental rights and options when it comes to quitting or being terminated
– Learn about the options for resolving disputes and seeking help.
Erin is the Cofounder at PortaLaw. As an employment and human rights lawyer, she helps employees and businesses with issues that arise at work. She also helps with human rights issues such as disability accommodation, sexual harassment, and maternity/parental leaves.
As a non-practicing lawyer, Nora brings content expertise and plain language skills to help British Columbians learn about the law and our justice system, assisting them to be more able to deal with their legal issues.
Suitable for all early learning professionals.
Pro D certificate: Yes, 2 hours.
- Capacity: Spaces Available
- Is this a single event or an ongoing course?: Single Event