- Jun 28 2022
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Functions of Behaviour: Reducing the Unexpected
Functions of Behaviour explores in depth the various potential causes of behaviours, the language we should be using to speak about them, and how we can prevent them from occurring in the future. We will discuss positive and negative reinforcement, and dive into the complexities of responding appropriately. Topics covered: neurodiversity, behaviour, positive language use, antecedents/consequences, reinforcement, classroom strategies, impact of peer relationships.
Presenter: Monica Maddison has served neurodiverse children (and their families) for over a decade. This experience ranges from one to one support, therapy, behaviour consulting, classroom advocacy, and inclusion planning. Monica is a college instructor and professional speaker – educating adults in how to care for children through a neurodiversity affirming, intentional, and inclusive practice.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration- Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment- Credit (Visa or MasterCard) anddebit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops)- Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult)- Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
Workshop location-Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoomas we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.