- Jul 05 2023 - Aug 08 2023
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- In Person
Fueling Young Minds: Strategies for Optimizing Children’s Nutritional Health
We understand how difficult it is to navigate all the nutrition information out there. Cut through the confusion and join a group of UBC Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences students for a dynamic workshop on evidence-based nutrition insights for children. Discover the benefits of providing adequate nutrition to children with our engaging and informative workshop!
Some topics we would cover:
- Impacts and benefits of providing adequate nutrition to children
- 2019 Canadian Food Guide & what changed compared to the old Food Guide
- What about sugar?
- Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) & nutritional challenges for children’s with ASD (from a student perspective)
- Dealing with picky eaters/introduce new foods to children
- Quick and Healthy snack ideas & tips
- Storage tips for food safety
- Food & nutrition related activity ideas for kids in child care
- Capacity: Spaces Available