- Dec 06 2022
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Books for Babies: Exploring Strategies for Incorporating Books and Extension Ideas in the Infant and Toddler Rooms
Book exploration is so important for our youngest learners! This workshop shares a selection of books especially designed for infants and toddlers and provides activity ideas that build on the early literacy concepts that can be found in each. Designed for those working with infants and toddlers, participants will leave the workshop with a variety of hands-on, interactive activities and book ideas that can be easily incorporated into programming.
Presenter: This workshop will be presented by Bookmates Facilitator, Nancy Tovell. Bookmates is anon-profit organization based in Winnipeg with over 37 years’ experience in supporting early learning educators. Bookmates stays current with emerging research and themes related to healthy child development and uses a literacy lens to share strategies, information, resources and practical experiences.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration- Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment- Credit (Visa or MasterCard) anddebit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops)- Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult)- Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
Workshop location-Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoomas we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.