- Nov 01 2022
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Big Science for Little Hands: Mysterious Mixtures
Young children naturally investigate using their senses and providing a rich, multi-sensory experience can help to build curiosity. Join this workshop to explore how everyday kitchen ingredients can be used to begin in inquiry into concepts such as dissolving, mixtures, and separating. We will tease out the science concepts of each activity to help you build your confidence in exploring chemistry with young
Presenter: Wendy Lorch is the Early Learning Specialist at Science World, responsible for The WonderGallery; a space dedicated to under 5s, Preschool Curiosity Club; a parent-participation program and BigScience for Little Hands; professional development workshops for early educators. She has a background in early learning, Kindergarten and primary grades, science program development and adult workshop facilitation, having delivered a wealth of educator workshops across B.C.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration- Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment- Credit (Visa or MasterCard) anddebit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops)- Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult)- Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
Workshop location-Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoomas we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.