- Nov 28 2023
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
BC EMPLOYMENT LAWS – ESSENTIAL GUIDE FOR ECE
JES created an Essential Guide for ECE educators and employers so they may become familiar with
their rights and obtain further understanding of BC Employment Laws. This workshop has been
tailored to meet the needs and interests of Early Childhood Educator participants.
Part 1: BC Employment Laws’ Basics
This module will be tailored to provide Early Childhood Educators with an introduction to BC
Employment Laws and basic legal concepts.
Prerequisite: Prior knowledge of BC Employment Laws is not required.
Length: 2 hours
Learning Outcome: At the completion of the module, ECE educators will be able to ascertain the
● Identify when and how different employment laws apply
● Gain a fundamental understanding of what minimum standards employees are entitled
to in the workplace
● Knowledge of employment contracts and what to look out for when signing one
● Understand their fundamental rights and options when it comes to quitting or being
● Learn about the options for resolving disputes and seeking help
- Capacity: Filling Up