- Aug 19 2023
- 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- In Person
Appetite to Play
FOOD, FEEDING & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN THE EARLY YEARS
- This instructor led interactive workshop will enhance knowledge, skills and confidence in creating childcare settings that support physical literacy, healthy eating and healthy child development. Planning tools, self-assessments, recipes, games and activities will be shared. An overview of the resource rich Appetite to Play website will be included.
- This workshop is geared to early years providers who are interested in learning more about physical activity and healthy eating for children 0-5 years old, and who want to increase their capacity in this field.
OUTSIDE PLAY AND RISKY PLAY IN THE EARLY YEARS
This instructor led interactive workshop will enhance knowledge, skills and confidence in creating childcare settings that support outdoor play, risky play and healthy child development. This workshop was developed by Appetite to Play in collaboration with the team at outsideplay.ca. and will count towards professional development credits for EYP’s.
The workshop objectives are:
- To recognize and acknowledge your own feelings, the benefits, and how to support outside play and risky play in your role caring for young children.
- To recognize the importance of providing unstructured and facilitated outside play opportunities when caring for children, and the skills required to achieve this objective.
- To discuss the learning and developmental opportunities that risky play provides for children, and how to best support this as an EYP
Nicole has been one of the Lead Trainers for Appetite to Play since its inception in 2017. In this role she creates and facilitates educational content for early years providers and parents as well as creating the food and feeding resources on the website.
Nicole graduated from the integrated dietetic program at UBC in 2007 and completed her Master of Science in 2020 at UVic. Nicole educates Canadians about food and nutrition, with numerous written publications and resources for government, peer-reviewed journals, charitable and community organizations and the media.
Suitable for all early learning professionals.
Pro D Certificate: Yes, 4 hours.
Online registration link: https://anc.ca.apm.activecommunities.com/ygv/activity/search/detail/4172?onlineSiteId=0&from_original_cui=true
- Capacity: Spaces Available