- Nov 30 2023
TimeThere will be a 30 minute break for lunch
- 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
- In Person
20 Hour Responsible Adult Course with Sharmaine Kamwere
Please note, this course is 20 hours. You must attend all 4 classes, there are no make up sessions. To receive your certificate of completion you must have attended all classes, and completed and handed in all of the lesson assignments and journals. As a student, to take this training you must be able to read, write, understand and speak in English.
The classes run:
Thursdays November 9, 16, 23, & 30th with a 30 min lunch break.
The cost for this course is $75.00.
Please note, you will need to bring a 2″ binder with you to the first day of class.
This course will be held at the Langley Community Services Society 5339 207th St, Langley.
Please contact 604 533 4425 for more information.
Before being able to register, please read the Responsible Adult Course Registration Agreement when you apply on the LCSS website.
This course meets the training to become a Registered Licensed Not Required (RLNR) with the CCRR Program.
Classroom sessions cover the following concepts:
- Introduction to Child Care
- Planning for Safety and Emergencies – Part One
- Planning for Safety and Emergencies – Part Two
- Promoting Good Health and Nutrition
- Exploring Children’s Development
- Guiding Children’s Behaviour
- Planning for Play and Learning
- Let’s Play! Inspiring Children’s Experiences and Activities
- Establishing Positive Relationships & Community
- RLNR with the CCRR program
- Licensed family child care
- School age group care (licensed)
- Occasional child care (license)
- Replacement or substitute/casual on-call for Early Childhood Education Assistant in licensed group care centres or preschools
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants, or other related positions
Sharmaine Kamwere is a Child Care Resource & Referral Outreach Consultant for Langley CCRR and is a member of the BC Family Child Care Association (BCFCCA). Sharmaine has her Early Childhood Education Diploma, ECE License, and previously was an ECE Instructor for 10 years. She has over 20 years experience in the ECE field and is excited to be able to support and share her knowledge and resources within the community.
- Capacity: Spaces Available